Trouble registering for a new Yahoo ID
Having trouble registering for a new Yahoo ID? It happens! We'll walk you through some common causes, like issues with your web browser, to help you get the issue fixed.
Common reasons your registration may not process
- Credit card error while created a child account
-You can fix this by creating a Yahoo Wallet account.
- CAPTCHA loops or has trouble loading
-See our article about resolving problems with the CAPTCHA verification code.
- Browser cookie settings issue
-You may need to check the cookie settings in your browser, which may include clearing your cache and cookies.
- Unsupported or out-of-date browser
-Fully supported and up-to-date browsers will give you the optimal experience when using Yahoo.
- "ID not yet taken" error message loop
-This error is often temporary and resolved with basic browser troubleshooting steps.
If you continue to have problems try using:
- A different supported browser.
- An entirely different desktop or laptop computer.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.