Unable to sign in to my account
Signing in to your Yahoo Account should always be easy and we know you have more important things to focus on today, so let's figure out what's wrong and get you back on track. Below, we've listed the possible reasons you could be unable to access your account and steps to help you regain access.
- Did you forget your ID or password?
Use the Yahoo Password Helper to quickly get back in to your account or search for your ID.
- Are you seeing an 'Invalid ID or Password' error message when you try to sign in to your account?
Get back in to your account using these basic troubleshooting steps:
- Is your CAPS LOCK key on? Try entering your password again using the correct uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Have you changed your password within the last 24 hours? You'll need to wait 24 hours before using your new password.
- Are you locked out of your account?
If you’ve entered a wrong password too many times, you'll be locked out for 12 hours.
- Is your Web browser saving old info?
You can fix this by clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, restarting your browser, and signing in again.
- You could also try using another supported browser.
If you're seeing the "Confirm your identity" pop-up message, it's because Yahoo needs to make sure it's really you. You can learn the 2 ways to clear the prompt by reading through the steps in our help overview.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.