Flickr upload requirements
Share countless memories with 1 TB of Flickr storage. Use our guidelines for hassle-free uploading.
Supported file types
- GIF (non-animated).
- All other formats will be converted to JPEG.
- MP4 (recommended with H.264)
- AVI (Proprietary codecs may not work)
- MOV (AVID or other proprietary codecs may not work)
- MPEG (1, 2, and 4)
- Each photo can be up to 200 MB.
- Images can be no more than 31.25 times wider than they are tall.
- Each video can be up to 1 GB.
- Video playback is constrained to the first 3 minutes.
One size doesn’t fit all - Your original, uncompressed image is saved to Flickr, along with alternate photo sizes. Learn how you can access all of the available sizes for uploaded images.